Latrobe Health Services
Established in 1951, Latrobe now provides cover to over 80,000 members.*
They are part of Members Own Health Funds,* a group of 19 insurers who, based on paid benefits as a percentage of premiums, give more back to members. This group of not-for-profit mutual health funds promote Australian cover for Australian people. – and offers cover across the whole of Australia.** As part of their dedication to helping the people of Australia, they participate in many charity schemes across the country.
Latrobe are open to all, making them a great choice for many people seeking insurance.
Latrobe offers a huge amount of policy options. Their gold cover options include:
- Gold Top Hospital, which offers no co-payment and no excess
- Gold Hospital with co-payments
- Gold Family Hospital Care
- Gold Hospital Reducing Excess, which offers diminishing excess payments year upon year (even if you make a claim!)
- Gold Hospital Excess, with five different excess options.
They also offer silver, bronze and basic packages.
If you want a company which offers many different types of policy, cover and excess options, Latrobe is a great choice, with something for every budget and situation. As standard, cover is offered for:
- Theatre fees
- Prostheses items
- Intensive and critical care unit fees
Latrobe provides policies for individuals, couples, families and single parents. The maximum age of any child on a policy is 25, making them a great option if you have older children.
There are nine different options for extras coverage, some of which can be taken with or without hospital cover***. Again, for versatility, Latrobe is an excellent option.
Extras offerings include treatments such as:
- Health appliances
- And much more
Benefits as % of contributions:
- Latrobe – 88.5%
- Industry-standard – 86%
Management expenses (as %cont and $ of average policy):
- Latrobe – 9% – $339
- Industry standard – 8.8% – $310
- Latrobe – 2.5%
- Industry-standard – 5.2%
- Hospital related charges – Latrobe is around the industry average
- Medical services with no or known gaps – Latrobe is above the industry average
- Medical services with no gap – Latrobe is below industry average
- General treatment (extras) covered – Latrobe is below industry average
All claims can be made via post, while some claims – including chiropractic, dental and dietetics – can be made via email.
Latrobe offers a 25% travel insurance discount to its members.
You can find various ways to contact Latrobe here:
- Call: 1300 362 144
- Postal address: Latrobe Health Services Limited, 32 McDonald Street, Morwell VIC 3840
- Email: via the contact form on their site or firstname.lastname@example.org