nib June 2020 offer – Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the nib “2 and 6 Month Waiver” (“Waiver”). By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Claims must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. The Promoter is nib health funds limited ABN 83000 124 381 of 22 Honeysuckle Drive, Newcastle NSW 2300 (“Promoter” or “nib”).
3. The Waiver commences at 12:00 am (AEST) on 1 June 2020 and shall remain available until the Promoter amends, withdraws, cancels or suspends the Waiver in accordance with clause 15 of these Terms and Conditions (“Waiver Period”).
4. The Waiver is open only to permanent residents of Australia who are 18 years or over as at the date of joining (being the date of completion of join)
5. The Waiver is only available in conjunction with the purchase of a nib combined Hospital and Extras Australian resident’s health insurance
product (“nib ARHI product”) through nib’s approved online channels (“Eligible Product”), and does not apply to a purchase of nib Overseas
Students Health Insurance, nib International Workers Health Insurance, nib Corporate Private Health Insurance, Qantas Health Insurance, Suncorp Health Insurance, GU Health Insurance, AAMI Health Insurance or Apia Health Insurance, or those moving from one of these products to an
nib ARHI product. The Waiver excludes any nonhealth related insurance products (e.g. Travel) and dependants moving from family/parent’s health
cover to their own policy.
6. The Waiver consists of waiving the 2- and 6-month waiting period for Eligible Members on all Extras services that normally require a 2- or 6-month waiting period under the relevant Eligible Product.
7. Eligible Members must meet all of the following requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”):
a) the Eligible Member must successfully purchase and commence an Eligible Product during the Waiver Period through one of nib’s
approved online channels (using the nib website www.nib.com.au, nib mobile site or tablet);
b) the Eligible Product must have a policy start date during the Waiver Period;
c) the Eligible Member must not be a current policyholder of a product issued by nib (including Qantas Health Insurance, Suncorp Health Insurance, GU Health Insurance, AAMI Health Insurance, Apia Health Insurance, nib International Workers Insurance or nib Overseas Students Insurance) at the time of joining the Eligible Product, or have joined and
cancelled any of these policies 6 months before or during the Waiver Period;
d) the Eligible Member must have a valid email address applied to their policy; and
e) the Eligible Member must not be an employee of the Promoter.
8. The Waiver cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion unless otherwise stated.
9. The Promoter will apply the Waiver at the time the Eligible Member takes out the Eligible Product.
10. Each Eligible Member acknowledges that the Waiver cannot be redeemed for cash, returned for a refund, or be replaced after expiry and is not legal tender, an account card, a credit or security.
11. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), the Promoter
excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect,
special or consequential, arising in any way in connection with this Waiver, including but not limited to:
a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter control);
b) any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
c) any tax liability incurred by a customer (independent financial advice should be sought); or
d) accepting and/or using the Waiver.
12. Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes, modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any
applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
13. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion and at any time, amend, withdraw, cancel, suspend all or any part of this Waiver. Eligible Members will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the Waiver or element of the Waiver has been amended, withdrawn, cancelled, or suspended.
14. Proof of identity, residency and eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a policyholder cannot provide suitable proof, they may forfeit the Waiver in whole and no substitute will be offered.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any persons that provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this Waiver.
16. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, withdraw, cancel or suspend this Waiver if an event beyond
the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Waiver.
17. Personal information will be collected by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Waiver, and to assist the Promoter
https://www.nib.com.au/legal/privacy-policy). If the personal information is not provided, the member may not participate in this Waiver.