Increased Premiums? Compare Health Insurance Quotes for a Fair Deal
If your insurance company is about to increase your health insurance premium, you might have decided it’s time to move on. Consider where you stand with your current insurer, but if you think it may pay off to see what else is out there, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Your Current Plan is the Basis for Comparison
It’s one thing to compare health insurance quotes from scratch when you have no existing private health cover. It’s quite another to compare prospective new health insurance quotes when you already have a policy in place, one that you know well – from your policy’s coverage to the customer service standards of the insurer.
What’s the difference? Well, you have the advantage of a benchmark to which you can compare health insurance quotes. You will be able to immediately know what is similar to your existing policy, what may comprise a better deal, and of course what would be worse in terms of premiums or coverage. Because you are aware of your current health insurance policy’s exceptions, strengths, and weaknesses, you will be better able to understand and compare these same things in other potential policies.
And, finally, you have a fallback option. In the end, if you’ve found nothing better than your renewal quote, you can just stay with your present health insurer. There’s nothing wrong with that! At least you know what’s out there; you can compare health insurance quotes again later if you choose to.
Health Insurance Choices and Decisions
In the process of your health insurance quotes comparison, you may end up viewing premiums for a range of different policies – lots of them. The basic areas of comparison are:
- Primary areas of coverage
- Health insurance network
- Quoted or advertised premiums
However, there is more to consider:
- Not every price you see advertised is a binding health insurance quote. A quote can only be calculated when sufficient information is given about the applicant and the desired coverage. Also, there may be other factors that could raise or lower your premium.
- Bring the whole family: If you are insuring more than one person, you may be able to get a discount on premiums compared to individual policies for each person.
- Can you get a multi-policy insurance from one insurer, thereby saving money compared to taking out, say, health insurance, car insurance and home insurance with the same insurer?
- Compare full policies: You might see a comparison table highlighting the major features of some available health insurance policies. However, it’s sensible to get the full picture of the coverage each policy offers.
In the end, you may find a new health insurance policy that you’re very happy with. Take a close look at all the details and get extra guidance if necessary before you decide to make a purchase. And remember, if your renewal quote seems fair for the current market, there’s nothing wrong with keeping your current insurer – at least you know what to expect from them.
Disclaimer: The above information is correct and current at the time of publication
You may also like...
Expecting a Little One? Your Guide to Ch...
Starting a family is an exciting, but nerve-wracking time for man...
Rejected! How to Appeal When Your Health...
You’ve submitted what you believe to be a legitimate health ins...
Your Guide to Hospital Cover in Australi...
Medicare is fantastic for those who can’t afford or do not choo...