Are you looking for simple and affordable private health insurance in 2021? Do you want peace of mind for your own health or just want to make sure your family is covered for emergencies?
At Health Insurance Comparison, we get that you only want to pay for what you want to use. But if you are after extras like dental, optical or physio; we can help you out there too.
The best ways to find cheaper health insurance for your circumstances
- Keep an eye out for deals – Every month, many health funds give special offers to entice new customers. This could be in the form of reduced waiting periods or an initial period of free cover.
- If you can, pay annually – Health funds may offer a discount if you decide to pay on a yearly basis and this may include reduced admin costs.
- Pay before the month of April – The annual rate rise occurs on the 1st of April every year so you can lock in last year’s rates if you pay earlier.
- Choose a higher excess – This will lower your premiums. For those who want to avoid the Medicare Levy Surcharge or Lifetime Health Cover loading, make sure the annual excess is no higher than $750 for singles and $1500 for couples and families.
- Check for unwanted benefits or extras – If you have existing private health cover, check to see if you are paying for benefits that you do not need. Let someone else pay for pregnancy cover.
- If you are eligible, consider a restricted fund – Restricted health funds offer health cover to people working in specific industries, which can extend to their family members.
- Check if your employer has a health fund partnership – Health funds can give discounts of up to 12% to employees of partner companies.
- Make a list of regular treatments – If there is regular treatment you receive like physio, optical or dental, choose the best extras coverage that makes the most of those benefits you will use.
- Do not forget to Compare – This is still the best way to see what other options are available and to understand the approximate range that you might be expected to pay.
- Review your policy annually – It is not only good for saving money but to also check if your existing policy is offering the right coverage for your age, needs and life stage.
Get Started Now:
Step 1: Select your state below .
Step 2: After answering a few questions, you will have the opportunity to compare quotes in your area and could be eligible for significant savings.
* Based on 25,311 policies in 220.
** Choice, bad value health insurance deals, September 2020